The best GPS for walking handheld devices offer a fantastic design and valuable capabilities like precise routing, auto Geo Tagging plus GLONASS satellite. Obtain a handheld sat nav for hiking with backlights and 3 Axis compass from Garmin. See our car sat nav solutions.
A handheld walking GPS device is invaluable for hiking since it lets you locate fairly easily the right path whether or not visibility is inadequate, or the scenery offers minimum unique characteristics.
: Garmin 750T Hand Held GPS Walking Tracker WiFi
- 3 Inches Sun Light - Legible Twin Orientation
- 8 Mega Pixel Auto Focus Cam 3 Axis Compass
- GLONASS Satellite Feature Hiking GPS Tracker
- Use WiFi 8 MP Camera And TopoActive Maps
- Accelerometer And Barometric Altimeter Alerts
- Touch Screen Display High Sensitivity Type GPS
- Extended Wireless Connectivity Bluetooth, ANT+
goTele Handheld GPS For Walkers Real Time Tracking
- Well Suited Outside Walking, Sports And Angling
- Features Real-time Tracking, SOS And Geo-Fence
- Research, Tenting, Hiking In Severe Circumstances
- Great For Maintaining Kids, Seniors And Animals
- GPS Tracker Enables Users To Communicate Instantly
- Tracker Appropriate iOS Or Google Android Gadgets
- Anti-Fall Dust Resistant - Range Of 5 Kilometres
- Monitor Anyone, Anything
- Offline Maps
Garmin eTrex 30x Outdoor GPS Walking Tracker Unit
- Pinpoint Specific Elevation And Consists 3 Axis Tilt
- Easily Readable In Almost Any Lights Circumstance
- Hand Held GPS Device With 2.2 Inch Colour Screen
- High Sensitivity GPS Plus GLONASS Satellite Tracker
- Life Of The Battery 25 Hours - 3.7 GB Memory Space
- Consists Of Altimeter And Barometer To Trace Pressure
- Identify Your GPS Situation Rapidly And Appropriately
TwoNav Anima Handheld Sat Nav With GB OS Mapping
- Twelve Hours Battery Life - 22 hrs Survival Function
- High Visibility Display Mount As Well As Wall Charge
- Portable GPS Device With Accelerometer Included
- Exchangeable 1430 MaH Li-ion Battery Implemented
- 3 Inch Colour Touchscreen Display 240 x 400 Pixels
- European Countries 3D Topographic Water Resistant
- Optionally Available Tom-Tom Road Maps, Open Street
Garmin GPSMAP Hiking GPS Tracker With Basemap
- Water Resistant, Long Lasting And WAAS Facilitated
- You Will Get Comprehensive Evaluation Of Actions
- HotFix Satellite Conjecture Locates Your Location
- Built-In Global Basemap With Crisp Colour Fine Detail
- An Easy Link With Your PC And Also World Wide Web
- Keeps GPS Location In Heavy Cover And Built Regions
- SD Card Port For Easily Incorporating Road Directions
- Marine Plus Road Maps
- Free Garmin Software
Better Than Smartphone GPS APPs
Hand GPS products tend to be useful for direction-finding by leisure walkers. GPS navigation tools are stronger and possess a longer battery life. They're usually built with batteries which can be substituted for throw away types if charging isn't feasible - for instance sparsely populated zones.
As opposed to ever more popular GPS facilitated watches that are undoubtedly helpful for routing, the Garmin handheld GPS gadgets provide a far better introduction to the landscape. The hand GPS gadgets have several benefits compared to mobile phone APPs.
Garmin Handheld GPS Systems
The Garmin units are able to display comprehensive mapping and perhaps also satellite images while wrist watches can just show where you are and course with regards to the waypoints as well as the routes.
Portable GPS devices likewise assist you to quickly insert new waypoints and prepare the route on the unit as you require a computer to introduce waypoints and strategies on a GPS watch ahead of your trek. Consequently, mobile hiking GPS tracker tools are the routing device of preference for trek and climbing.
What About Batteries?
The battery life of a portable GPS unit needs to be a minimum of 12 hours, so you don't have to switch batteries too frequently. Just about all GPS equipment employ an excellent battery life and could be combined with the standard rechargeable batteries along with 'throw-away' alkaline power packs.
inReach Explorer+ Garmin Handheld GPS Routing Kit
- Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Charges Any Kind Of USB Unit
- Supplying Two-Way Text Messaging, Automatic Tracing
- Package Incorporates The Goal Zero Flip Charger Unit
- Functions Pre-Loaded Maps With On-Screen GPS Routing
- Useful For Charging Additional Gadgets Such As Mobiles
- Supplies All That's Necessary For Off The Grid Interaction
- International Tracking Through The Iridium Satellite System
SpyTec Mini Real-Time GPS For Walking x3 Pack
- Absolutely No Activation Or Cancellation Costs
- Obtain Textual Content If Someone Leaves Area
- Small Transportable Real-time Personal And Car
- Lightweight Device Will Go Just About Anywhere
- No Contracts £20 Per Month For GPS Tracking
- Track As Well As Map Google Real Time Via The Net
- Connects To Car Or Belt - Introduce In Backpack
Garmin Oregon Accelerometer Handheld GPS
Durable, sleek and bright sunlight legible, it's glove welcoming with enhanced colour touch screen GPS navigation 'GLONASS satellite' for precise tracking. Integral global base map with shaded relief provide you with all of the resources for significant ascending or hiking. 3 axis compass, accelerometer and efficient altimeter.
- 3 Inch Sun Readable Glove Hospitable
- Accelerometer And Barometric Altimeter
- Consists Of Pre Installed European Maps
- GPS Nav GLONASS Satellite Monitoring
- Touchscreen Display Combined Orientation
- Wireless Share Roadmaps, Track Waypoints
Wireless sharing through Bluetooth with 'pinch to zoom' portrait or landscape orientation choice. Sophisticated height characteristics, plus the potential future plot demonstrates to you what has been carried out.
Improved graphical user interface with profiles. This GPS navigation device can easily support over 3 million geo caching details and uses dual power batteries.
(Rating: 9/10) £390 Get It - Garmin Oregon Handheld GPS
Magellan eXplorist 610 Handheld Altitude GPS
The eXplorist brings together high sensitivity GPS navigation reception with easily readable maps and precise course plotting functions. Stay on course with well over 30 navigational information fields. Produce waypoints, record tracks and course from all points.
- Fast Calibrate 3 Axis Digital Compass
- Full Colour 3.0 Inch Sun Legible Display
- High Sensitivity GPS Navigation...
- Included Microphone And Audio Speaker
- Incorporated 3.2 Mega Pixel Digital Camera
- IPX-7 Water-Resistant | Tilt Compensation
- Detailed Street Network
- Mic And Internal Speaker
Download and examine in excess of 20 distinctive qualities of every storage cache. Particulars include name, place, explanation, dimension, difficulty, landscape and up to date logs developed by various other geocachers.
The eXplorist delivers probably the most precise roadmaps to the palms of your hands. The 'World Edition' guide enables 2D or 3D watching perspectives.
(Rating: 4/5) £296 Get It - Magellan eXplorist Handheld GPS
64 Garmin GPS For Walking Handheld UK Device
A 2.6 inch sun decipherable colour display GPS For walking handheld with high-sensitivity GLONASS receiver including quad helix aerial for a more accelerated satellite fixing and high setting reception.
- 2.6 Inch Sun Readable Colour Display Screen
- Barometric Altimeter As Well As 3 Axis Compass
- Exact Direction Including Wireless Connection
- Functions Via Wireless Bluetooth Strategy ANT+
- GPS Plus GLONASS Containing Quad Helix Aerial
- Link-Up Your Mobile Phone And Share Location
Sturdy, light weight and water-repellent including an open-air optimised twin battery arrangement, plus 4 GB interior memory with a micro SD card port for supplemental map functionality.
This GPS walking tracker has the power to stack away 5000 way points, 200 routes as well as 10000 traverse log places and incorporates geo-caching loaded with 25000 in-built. Barometric altimeter along with 3 axis compass for accurate altitude interpretations.
[Rating: 9/10] £228 Get It → Garmin 64 GPS For Walking Handheld
Useful Add-On's Like Compass Or Altimeter
The solar battery charger is a precious device concerning charging a GPS unit on extended hiking journeys. For map summary, a handheld GPS device needs to be designed with a minimum of 2-inch screen with a higher image resolution as opposed to the typical car dash cam sat-nav etc.
The compass plus altimeter functions even if the GPS navigation transmission isn't accessible - and therefore prove useful when you're walking in narrow parts of the countryside or perhaps thick forest where it may be challenging to find any signal.
Buying The Best Walking GPS Tools
A number of the best walking GPS tools will also be linked to various other equipment, for example, mobile phones, video cameras or heart rate displays as well as heat sensors.
These units may then end up being managed straight from the GPS model, which may also display various data from every gadget - for instance, messages from the smartphone, the heart rate from the monitor and so forth.
Space Centred Satellite GLONASS
Together with GPS, a few gadgets additionally support GLONASS - a super substitute for GPS. Equipment that supports equally GPS as well as GLONASS identify your situation quickly and much more specifically. The GLONASS GPS for walking devices is also more prone to determine your location in challenging landscapes.
SatMap Active Wireless Bluetooth Hand Held GPS
The Active 12 'hiking handheld GPS' is ideal for mapping using a high definition display screen, including double the resolution of it's own predecessor including a lustrous and more clean-cut display.
- Admittance To Web Itinerary Planner Sat Map-Xpedition
- Assistance For Wireless Bluetooth Smart Pulse Monitors
- Big Vibrant 3.5 Inch Hi-Res Display Screen HVGA
- Electrical Power Pack Includes 2700 Mah LiPOL Battery
- Features Six Times The Resolution Of Regular Mapping
- Travel Case And Multi Country Adapters Are Included
Supplied using worldwide and Great Britain base mappings, it can assist you design an expedition in to your localised hills, or perhaps an outing to a different side of the globe.
It's a big display screen featuring mapping GPS that reveals extremely elaborated topographic mapping. Although being effortless to function for new end users, it additionally features a range of updated functions esteemed by pros.
[Rating: 9/10] £399 Get It → SatMap Active Hand Held GPS
Bryton Rider Wireless GPS LCD Display
The Bryton Rider50 is a flexible GPS navigation cycle PC with a revolutionary style, but it's characteristics allow you to produce a training system well suited for your preferences.
The Rider 50 additionally contains a display that is readable in natural light, so you have the ability to discover correctly the Basemap+ and the path associated with the journey, even in extreme conditions.
- 44 Display Screen Alternatives
- GPS High-Sensitivity Chipset
- IPX7 Accepted Data Card Micro SD Card
- Map European And Geographic Coverage
- Max Of 14 Battery Working Hours
- Waterproof - Navigation Directions..
- Web Connection Colour Display Screen
- Barometer Integrated
- Big Waterproof Screen
The website allows you to stay inspired, calculate and evaluate oneself against additional sports persons throughout the world and also to connect online.
You are able to specifically publish your computer data from your Rider 50, evaluate them, observe how well you're progressing as well as perform a much more.
(Rating: 9/10) £116 Get It - Bryton Rider Wireless GPS LCD
Garmin M Handheld GPS GeoTagging LED
The Monterra is the very first full-featured Wi-Fi empowered GPS navigation gadget that combines wonderful Garmin outdoor proficiency using the flexibility of the Android OS. Monterra combines the sturdy and adaptable OS in to a dependable and durable, feature-packed, portable GPS navigation device.
- 3 Axis Compass With Accelerometer
- Download Programs From Google Play
- Long Lasting Mineral Glass Display Screen
- Near Field Communication With Android OS
- Online Connectivity Via Wi-Fi Or Bluetooth
- Pre Installed Map For European Countries
This transflective display screen makes use of the effectiveness of the sun's rays to supply the very best legibility in almost any circumstance.
By doing this, it will save you energy during the day because the 'LED backlight' only is required to be switched on in reduced illumination environments.
(Rating: 9/10) £399 Get It - Garmin Monterra Handheld GPS
The Reliable Outdoors Handheld Sat Navs For Walking
Handheld walking GPS devices and hiking tracking systems are usually useful and easily transportable helpers to guide you from any situation to your desired destination along virtually any plotted route.
Several present-day handheld GPS units for sale are built with touch screens which aren't excellent for trekking in cold temperatures or perhaps at higher altitudes since they are difficult to employ with hand protection on. Nevertheless, touch screens in any other case assist you to run the unit in a more accessible way.
Spot GEN3 Satellite Handheld Tracking GPS
The Spot Gen3 GPS presents you an evaluative life saving channel of communicating whenever you journey beyond the limits of mobile range.
The most recent generation of award successful gadgets, it allows family and acquaintances to acknowledge if you are 'all right'. If the worst should befall, it broadcasts emergency responders to your exact GPS position with the press of a push button.
- Continue Well Connected Whenever You Stray
- Hand GPS Weighs 114.5g Using Lithium Batteries
- Life Saving Communicating Beyond Mobile Range
- Movement Triggered Economising Battery Energy
- Sturdy, Modest Unit With Improved Functioning
- Transmits Emergency Responders Your Placement
A vibration sensor device orders SPOT to transmit your GPS position when you're in transit, economising battery electrical power and averts sending out replicate tracks etc.
[Rating: 9/10] £99 Get It → Spot GEN3 Satellite GPS Tracker
Garmin Oregon Satellite Handheld GPS Device
The new durable and water-proof GPS navigation Oregon collection comes complete with additional functions, more electrical power and also the most clever, multi-touch display screen.
With GPS navigation and GLONASS assistance, integral 3 axis compass, a barometric altimeter and as much as 16 hours life of the battery, you are able to securely steer to anywhere you wish.
- 3 Inch Sun Readable Glove Hospitable
- 8 Megapixel Auto-Focus Camera
- ANT Wireless Bluetooth Technologies
- Integral 3 Axis Electronic Compass
- LED Torch Geotags Your Local Area
- Share Tracks, Paths And Waypoints
- GLONASS Satellite Tracking
- WiFi Bluetooth Congenial
Using a quicker processor chip and reactive display screen, roadmaps may be easily zoomed, panned and changed utilising multi-touch. Additionally, it is durable as well as water-resistant. Oregon provides great functions for virtually any out of doors journey.
(Rating: 9/10) £399 Get It - Garmin Oregon Sat Handheld GPS
Current GPS handheld sat nav equipment don't just display your local area on a map, but additionally, generate beneficial characteristics just like a digital compass and barometric altimeter functionality.
For extra specific route help, any person with an above average hiking GPS tracker can look at as well as alter paths, routes, waypoints as well as Geo Caches upon just about any computer utilising a decent software programme.